I don't know why I started doing this but for quite some time Bodie has been taking his naps in Ron and I's bed. I do know however, why I haven't gone back to putting him down for his nap in his crib. Because the nap in our bed system works like a charm. This is how the drill goes:
I tell Bo let's go read some books.
I tell him to find his cozy. We call for cozy. "COOOZY, were are you??" Looking from room to room and I act so surprised and excited when we find it. Greeting cozy with "Hi, cozy".
He usually hands me the cozy and we go upstairs. Me walking up and him going up the only way two year olds do, the same foot steping up the steps one step at a time.
At this point I usually chase him to our bedroom and say "I'm gonna have to get you" and he goes squealing down the hallway, his little blonde head bouncing the whole way there!
We pick out a book and we get on the boat (bed). He likes Dada's side of the bed. I tuck him in, if he hasn't done it already. And I climb in on my side.
We read the book.
After we are done reading he likes to review the book by pointing out all the things he knows. At this point my eyes are feeling heavy and I just let him jabber on and I say "yes, good job Bo, good counting or yep that is purple."
When he is done doing that he says to me..."End, leep, dime" or The End, sleep, time. This is new to the routine.
He puts the book down.
Rolls over onto his left side and covers up with the cozy.
I say, "Mama, loves you Bo, Bo." He has recently been saying it back...melt heart into goo!
He usually yawns onces and drifts off in about 2 to 3 minutes.
I usually take a little recharge 15 to 20 minute nap at this point and it is heaven!
I wake up and sneak out.
He used to cry when he wakes up and take a long time to settle down from being asleep. But I told him that when he wakes up he doesn't need to cry...just come down stairs and find Mama. Well, the other day he did just that, no crying. I made a huge deal of it and he has been doing better about not crying when he wakes up.
One day we were already upstairs and I told him I was going to go downstairs and get his cozy and when I got back up, he was all tucked in bed waiting for me...

3 comments:
So sweet don't you just want to hang on to those moments forever. I love to see my children asleep they look like little angels and it makes me feel like they aren't growing up as fast as it feels.
Wow, you are like the nap guru! Nap times and bedtimes is something I have always struggled with. I need you to teach a seminar or something. :)
Um, that's pretty dang adorable.
Post a Comment