Sep 23, 2009

Two Hundred and Sixty Four...

Last week I had a friend come over and help me dejunk my house. Well, parts of it. There is still a long way to go. If you need to do this, the only way to do it is with HELP!!! We got so much done...we thought we would spend about 2 hours....well she stayed for 7. Once we started we couldn't stop. It was kind of fun! I just kept saying the whole day, this would have taken me months to do on my own. Seriously, it makes all the difference in the world to do this with help.

The beauty of it all was that we were able to load all the donate stuff up into her van right away. She took it away for me, because for me that seems to be the hardest part. I make donate piles and then it doesn't get taken.

I donated more than 15 pairs of shoes, a ton of video tapes, kids clothes galore, and tons of random stuff that was under the category, "it hasn't been used in a year, get rid of it!!!" Her van was full. It happened to be garbage day that day and I am embarrassed to tell you that by the end of the day we had the garbage about 3/4 of the way full again (and our garbage can is one of the huge ones). That is both sad and great that I took that amount of junk out of my house.

The best part was dejunking my laundry room. It is so much nicer in there now. Night and day difference. I just feel like hanging out in there...

My friend who helped me, does this for a living and yes, I paid her, but you know what? It was worth every stinkin' penny! And all we did all day was gab and dejunk...good times. We are going to attempt to do the same thing to the kids' rooms this week. It looks like I am getting myself a clean house for the Holidays!

I still managed to stop and take some photos of this boy trying his best to blow bubbles...this was one of my favorites of the few I took.

Photobucket

No comments: