Sep 16, 2009

Two Hundred and Fifty Six...

On September 13th, I boarded an airplane at 10:30 at night to fly to Georgia for a photography get away. Is that the definition of mulitasking or what? Flying and sleeping so I didn't waste any time. I happened to be traveling on my birthday. On my way to the airport, I got a call from a very good friend who called to wish me a happy birthday...ahhhh so nice! Thanks Nic, you are a star! It was awesome to chat with you.

The workshop I attended is called Learnfest. It is hosted by four top photographers from different parts of the country. They are true professional, business savvy women who had the idea to hold this "camp" for budding photographers. Boy am I glad they did. The photographers are Audrey Woulard, Lena Hyde, Laura Novak and Tamara Lackey.

Several years ago, while I was still hoping to own a "fancy" camera some day, I stumbled on Audrey Woulard's website. When I saw her images for the first time I remember thinking to myself I am looking at something really magical. She is known for how well she uses light and makes children's eyes sparkle...it is magic I'm telling ya'! More about the instuctors later.

The workshop was held at the Chateau Elan in Georgia. It was amazing to say the least. It was the perfect setting. The food was fantastic and it was such a nice get away for me. Soooo relaxing and fun to be learning at the same time.
Photobucket
You know when an establishment pays this much attention to how the entrance to their location looks everything inside is going to be great!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Because I flew on the red-eye flight the fist thing I did was to climb into this bed and fall fast asleep for a little while. It was the most comfortable bed I have slept in. It was so comfortable.

Photobucket
Such attention to detaill with everything.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kim said...

Nice room, that looks like such a beautiful setting.