Sep 22, 2009

Two Hunderd and Sixty Two...

Yesterday (October 16) was a busy day. I worked in Rowdy's classroom in the morning. He didn't want me to go when it was time for me to go pick up Avery and Bodie from a friend's house. I promised him I would come back and see the fire truck that was coming to the school. Rowdy told me they were going to take a ride in the fire truck. I wasn't sure he had his facts straight...but he was right!
Photobucket
And he was soooo excited....
Photobucket
and so was this little girl in the front as she waited for her turn! Rock On!!!
Photobucket They loaded up in the truck and put on the headphones and could talk to each other in the little microphone. They took a big loop around the parking lot and the fireman turned on the siren and honked the horn. It was a great time. The big surprise was that.....

Photobucket
little brother got to go too! He was very serious about it all.
Photobucket
And because I couldn't decide color or black and white....
Photobucket

I need your opinion about something: As I unloaded Bodie from the truck, one of the fireman said something along the lines of "He (Bodie) wouldn't remember the ride in the firetruck". I 100% disagree!!! Bodie was able to tell Ron all about it when we got home. I asked Bodie to tell Dada what he did at Brother's school today and he promptly said, "firetruck, ride". I asked Bodie what sound the firetruck made, he said "Weee oooh, Weee oooh!" Will Bodie remember when he is 5, 10 or 20 years old that he road in a firetruck when he was 2? Probably, not! But I have the pictures to prove it. Also, I tend to think that because of this little firetruck experience, Bodie got at least 6 new folds of grey matter!!!
What do you think? Just because a child isn't going to remember an experience for the rest of his/her life doesn't mean you don't expose them to the opportunity....right?

3 comments:

Mama Rak said...

What a fun day! Glad to see the boys making some lasting memories. I must say, tho, that the "rock on" was fantastic.

Amanda Davis said...

I think you will be surprised at how long he will remember it! My boys still tell me about things that happened when they were probably only 3 if that. I always think how do they remember that. And it isn't always something that we talk about like a memory that they might only remember because we talk about it. Sometimes they talk about stuff I haven't thought about in a really long time and I am amazed!!! We took Ethan to Yellow stone when he was barely 3 and he still talks about it. You never know!

Alli said...

That looks awesome! If you don't expose them to anything during those formative years, I don't think they'll form right!