
I can't believe that we just finished T-Ball and it is time for me to register Rowdy for Football. These are photos from last fall. I don't think I posted very many of them during the season. Rowdy has mixed emotions about playing. He gets really nervous. But that is our cue as parents to get him involved. He played center last year and he could snap the ball really well. However, when the play got in motion he would just stand there. He is not very aggressive. And it is probably a little confusing to hear all your life "keep your hands to yourself" and then for us to be telling him to "GET A GUY" (that is something my Mother-in-law used to yell from the stands when she watched her boys play football, a little Shinkle family vernacular).
Be Aggressive B-E Aggressive! B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E
Sorry, old chant from my cheerleading days!

It is so hard to know as a parent if the things that you involve your kids in are going to be positive experiences that will help shape them into well rounded people. Or, are they going to look back and say, "My parents forced me to play football and I didn't like it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment