Jun 30, 2009

One hundred and sixty-three...

I didn't ever post any photos of Avery at her spring dance recital because the photos were stuck in my camera. I accidentally had the camera on the wrong setting. I was finally able to get them out of the camera yesterday. The top photo is Miss Avery and her cousin backstage before their bunny number. They performed three dances in all. The recital includes the older dancers as well. Avery is just absolutely enamored with the older girls and several times throughout the night I caught her just starring at them as they warmed up or practice their routines one more time...it is so cute to watch her look up to the "big" girls.
After her first recital earlier in the year she even came home with a couple new dance steps that I know for sure she didn't learn in her class. I asked her where she learned them (I knew the answer, I just wanted to see what she said)...she said from watching the older girls. I think that I will keep her in dance for a long time! She is very good at it and I love the fact she is motivated to learn from the older girls example.

Ears positioned properly...check!
Waiting, on deck, for her turn to go on stage. See the little girl to the right...now do you understand why my Avery has "pony-tail" envy...it must be torture! If you don't know Avery has only had two trims (not actual hair cuts, just trims) in her life. Someday sweetie!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Look at that hair, it's growing. She is so cute.