I had a VERY unique opportunity to be kid free for two days. Well sort of. The kids have each had a chance this summer to spend a couple of days up at my Moms by themselves for some special Grandma Mickie time. I signed Rowdy and Avery up for a one week day camp this summer and they had a BLAST! The camp was from 9 to 4:30 for a week. So I decided to take advantage of that and send Bodie to my Mom's for part of the week.My initial thought was I am going to stay at the house and get some work done. Then I thought better of it. I had a gift certificate for a pedicure...went and did that, are you kidding me!!! I also know a very special gal that gives the best pedicures and facials so I called her and she squeezed me in for a facial. Oh my word!!! When I left her place I felt like I had 5 years taken off my face.
It felt very strange to be running around getting such things done without the feeling of I need to pick someone up or hurry back to the house and make lunch and get Bodie down for his nap. I literally couldn't relax the way I wanted to. After I left the place where I got my facial, I feel like I had a small panic attack. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. I forced myself to go to Borders and browse around and then go get lunch. I had nothing to go back to the house for and didn't need to pick The Bigs up yet. It was a strange feeling to just have some free time...real free time. Man I need to take a chill pill!
1 comment:
Julia, So nice that you could have some alone time. It is a rare moment for any mother of young children.
Hope you enjoyed your class. Sounds like it was a great class.
DG
Post a Comment