My friend Julie tagged me a while ago and I never posted about it. Sorry, Julie! I am not totally following the rules of the tag, but her are my "random quirks".
1. Based on the info above I don't always follow the rules and I am a procrastinator. But if you give me a deadline I work good under pressure. In college I wrote some of my best term paper hours before they were due.
2. I really am extremely shy and most of the time feel like a complete dork in social situations. However, when people have shared their impression of me they always describe me as outgoing and energetic.
3. I am a "cry over spilled milk" person. When something huge happens in my life, like the death of my father, I can handle it (to a degree, don't get me wrong, I miss my Dad tremendously). But when a small change or unexpected thing happens that I thought I could control, I don't adjust well. I think the difference between the two is the "control" part. If I thought I could have controlled the situation or problem, then that is when I get upset.
4. I am a "nap Nazi". When I have kid that naps in the afternoon, you can find me at home. I think it is important for them to get a good nap in their bed and have a good rest. Now, I know this is not always ideal. But if my schedule allows and I can be home in the afternoon for their nap...I am!!!
5. I love beans in my burrito, but not on the side. I don't like beans to just eat with a spoon.
6. I am soooooooo blessed. Although, this is not a quirk. It is worth mentioning. I just consider myself so lucky to have a hard working supportive husband, a beautiful home, smart healthy kids, an extended family that loves me, talents, health, a future, ability to overcome obstacles, education, faith, knowledge and testimony of the atonement, friends, and the list could go on and on. I should never have moments of the crying over spilled milk because I have all a girl could want and mistakes happen in life and those moments are what makes us stronger. OK, blah, blah, blah...I'm rambling.
Sorry, Julie this took so long but I always come through in the end.
2 comments:
So fun to hear about your quirks, not like I didn't already know some of these things :), but there things that make me glad that your my friend. Missin you!!
I loved reading this, Julia! So glad you did it. I am also a nap Nazi. I just love having down time and think my kids need it too. My little guy's sleeping right now, actually. With each of them there's been a point when they don't want to nap (around the age of three), but I push the envelope as much as I can and have found that if we can get past that stage, they'll go right back to taking naps willingly. I just love that times of day.
It's also funny that you'd call yourself shy. That is definitely not a word I'd use for you. I think we must all have a touch of it. I, too, am a social dork.
Post a Comment