
Everyone has a thing that they do to take a break from the daily grind. Everyone has a place they like to go that is a retreat from the everyday pressures of life. Some people play a round of golf, some may read a good book or take a walk. My husband straps himself into a stock car with a 5 point safety harness and speeds around a quarter mile dirt track.



And this little guy, who didn't want to get out of the driver's seat!

I have to tell a funny story about Avery in the photo above. I will never forget that night. We were sitting between turn 1 and 2 and Ron was racing on the track between turn 3 and 4. Basically, he was on the opposite side of the track. He was gaining quickly on another driver and Avery must have been watching her Dada race very closely, because all of a sudden she shouts "My Dada is passing that guy!"
Mind you, she was 2 1/2. These were her exact words. I was so impressed that she...
- was able to recognize her Dada's car that far away on the track
- was able to articulate what she saw in a full sentence
- was able to actually commentate the action on the track correctly and
- was paying that close of attention to her Dada's racecar considering it was among many other fast moving cars.
Here are just some oldies but goodies...


Although Ron has sponsers that help fund a small portion of his racing. I still claim to be his number one sponser because I hold down the fort when he is racing.





2 comments:
So many thoughts -
1) Look at a young Cooter...Too cute (Of course, that's the first thing I notice. I am just friends with you guys to get to Cooter. :) )
2) Cute pic of you guys. Very adorable.
3) Digging the 'stache on Ron in the last pic with my BFF, Cooter.
4) Was 2006 the year he won? Has time really gone by that fast?
5) I LOVE the pic of Bodie peeking over the car. Very Cool!
And Finally, and most importantly
6) You definitely are his biggest sponsor, I absolutely agree!
So fun, I love how you incorporated the speed picture so cute. I loved seeing the oldie pictures. I think that is great that Ron has found his outlet and amazing that you do such a great job holding down the fort. I loved loved the story about Avery how neat is that. Thanks for chatting with me today.
Post a Comment