Both Avery and Rowdy (and when he is old enough Bodie) have attended MICP. It is a co-op preschool. We have really enjoyed it. It is times like this that I am so happy that we have done preschool with the kids. The teacher at MICP has been doing this for over 17 years. She is a very resourceful teacher and likes to use recycled things for the kids to create with. We just adore her and all the hard work she puts into the preschool. This week Avery got to, among other things:
- Make pretend chocolates with Chocolate Playdoh and even put them in empty candy heart boxes
- Play musical heart (instead of musical chairs)
- Play sorting games with candy hearts
- Show her love for her friends by giving them Valentines
- Trade friendship bracelets with her friends (see above)
Sometimes around Valentine's Day you hear people expressing that it is just a commercial Holiday for card companies, jewelry stores and candy companies to make money. Even if it is...I don't care. Avery was so busy making Valentines for people it keep her busy for two days. She put each one in an envelope, added a chocolate or two and sealed it with a sticker. It was very serious business to her. In fact, the best part was walking into my office and seeing one especially for me just sitting on my printer. So what if I contributed to the candy companies profit margin...my daughter had fun expressing her love for those she cares about and that is important to me.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

1 comment:
Amen, I totally agree! And really, are the recipients of all that chocolate not going to eat it? I don't think so!
Nic
Post a Comment