Feb 12, 2009

Forty-three...



FRUIT = My list of responsibilities, priorities and goals.

RICE = Anything I do that distracts me from my list

BOWL=My Life


My "fruit" and "rice" might be very different than yours and it might be similiar in one way or another. But, lately I have been trying to put my fruit in my bowl first and then add in my rice. My hope is that I will receive the blessing of more free time.


You see, when I fill my bowl with rice first the fruit doesn't fit (see the first row of photos). I have tried the rice first for a long time and guest what, it doesn't work. It leaves me feeling guilty and grumpy. But if I put the fruit in my bowl first, the rice just falls in and around the fruit so nice and neat (see the second row of photos). Leaving me feeling proud and like I have earned some rice, if you will.

If I have lost you with this little analogy that I like so much. Here it is a little more plain and simple:


My Fruit: Prayer and Scripture Study, FHE, keeping my house neat and clean, working out, quality time with my kids and husband, Church Callings
(all things that should come first in my life)


My Rice: Being idle, Developing Talents, Photography, Photo Editing, Scrapbooking, Blogging, Wii, Basically any other form of goofing off that I enjoy
(all things that would be more enjoyable if I put the fruit first)



3 comments:

Mama Rak said...

We were using this same process/analogy this morning in Bible Study....must be the theme of the day!

Nic

Kim said...

Looks like you finally figured out the storyboard that has been kicking your bum. It's so funny that you did a storyboard today, because I was totally reading in my book and reading those two tutorials about storyboards. I guess great minds think alike. That's a great analogy and let's face it fruit is so good :) ! A great lesson we all need to remember.

Amanda Davis said...

thanks for sharing! I neededthis!