
{Don't let the blank days fool you, I still had junk to do on those days too!}
I am so glad you are over. The fact I am writing this letter to you in the middle of June is proof that I am about two weeks behind in all of my commitments. You were full of appointments, dance practices, dance recital, games, meetings, parties, visits with family, projects (mostly last minute), home improvement, home maintenance, work and photography sessions . Things have "piled" up so bad that Ron couldn't even find a pair of dress socks for church yesterday. Ron doesn't wear dress sock except on Sundays so that is another indicator of how far behind I am...all because of you Month of May.
I wish that I could say that all the plans that I had for you worked out smoothly. But I can't. I had some oversights that I wish could have been done differently; leaving the hose running in the pool, driving off to a t-ball game and then a birthday party and not remembering until three hours later, forgetting to tell Ron an important detail like the location of Avery's preschool graduation and causing both of us to miss most of it because he was late and I was frantically trying to get in touch with him during the graduation and thinking the little awards day in Rowdy's class was Wednesday when in actuality it was Tuesday and missed it all together. Somehow we all came out of this month alive and fulfilled our commitments to the best of our ability. Never mind, that several times I said "This is too much, I can't handle all of this stuff!" I would like to say that among all the chaos I was able to maintain a perfect fitness and nutrition program to offset some of the stress. However, quite to opposite was true. It seems to be the first thing to fly out the window when faced with a month like you.
I am sure there are going to be many times in my life that I will be faced with a month like you. I am sure that I am not the only women that has a little calendar hanging on the wall that looks like mine. I thought that June was going to be nothing like you. And that the pace would slow down and things would be more relaxed. So far that is not the truth. Maybe I shouldn't answer my phone anymore.
Signed,
Two weeks behind and wishing I could clone myself
Julia
2 comments:
How much do I love this post? Tons!!! Here's to hoping July will let you slow & enjoy the summer a bit. Hey, when can we come down to use you guys for your pool? Shameless invite, I know, but it gives me a chance to see the farm and catch up w/ my fellow Delta :)
Nic
I thought it was just me!!! I tried blaming it on being pregnant... I guess if you had the same kind of month of may and you are not pregnant it must have just been the month!!! Here's to maybe getting "caught up" loved this post!!!!
Post a Comment