
I have been throwing all of the papers that Rowdy brings home from school into a huge plastic storage tub all year. I wanted to be able to go through it at the end of the year and pick out some of my favorite things and put it somewhere for him as a keepsake. Mainly, because I wish I had something like that.
He brought home this little gem the other day. I could tell instantly that it was a recreation of one of Vincent Van Gogh's paintings...can't you? I asked him if that's what it was and he was so happy and proud that I could tell before he had a chance to tell me. I am going to have to find a special place to hang it in my office. I just love it! And can you believe that they are teaching them about this stuff in the first grade?
He brought home this little gem the other day. I could tell instantly that it was a recreation of one of Vincent Van Gogh's paintings...can't you? I asked him if that's what it was and he was so happy and proud that I could tell before he had a chance to tell me. I am going to have to find a special place to hang it in my office. I just love it! And can you believe that they are teaching them about this stuff in the first grade?
3 comments:
I do the same thing with my kids papers. It is much easier to see what to toss and keep at the end of the year. Plus they can be part of the decision, whereas when they bring it home they want to keep everything.
He did do a good job. I too have a hard tim trying to go through and decide which of all things to keep. I figure I need to keep just a few things to represent their year because there are a lot more years to come.
And to think budget cuts are aimed at art PE and music :(
Post a Comment