May 10, 2009

One hundred and twenty-six...



My Mom and I got to share an awesome night together! She came down Saturday to see the kids play t-ball. Then we went to the store and got some food to make for our Mother's day dinner together. We bought some petite fillet mignons (our favorite) and if I do say so my self I BBQ'd them to perfection! We had pesto pasta, french bread, salad with homemade croutons and we had Boston Creme Pie for dessert! That is what we are doing in the photo above. We are about to enjoy our pie! I must say it might be my new favorite. We were both so surprised at how good it was...we both had a second piece just to make sure!



Anyways, we had a nice night together! My Mom didn't leave for home until about 8:30 and it takes her about an hour to get home. So I made her give me "one ring" when she got home. That is something my parents used to have me do when I was in college. When I would leave their house late to get back to my apartment I would do "one ring"....simply put, I would call home and let it ring once so they knew I was home safely.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am so glad you had a great day and it sounds like you had a great meal too. Your mom is such a sweet lady you are lucky that she isn't too far. Happy Mother's Day to a best friend and someone that is very dear to me. Thank you for all the support you give to me.