Then unexpectedly as I was driving around the other day dropping kids off here and picking this up there (you know the drill). Like a ton of bricks a word came to me. I kind of ignored it for a minute. Then the more I thought about it I couldn't get it out of my head.
For me this word will help me strive for the next level. I find myself just kind of going from day to day and not challenging myself. It is easy to be challenged when you are younger because you always going to the next level; kindergarten to first grade, junior varsity to varsity, high school to college and college to your first real job. As you get older there is not as many natural levels in life. You have to create them yourself or you are stuck.
Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of responsibility to live up to with motherhood, wifely duties, church, preschool and such. However, I feel like in some ways I have settled into a pattern of taking care of things on mediocre level. And you know what? That is just not my style. Ron and I sometimes discuss that it feels like we are getting a lot done but only half way. Well, I don't like halfway.
I had no idea that I would blither on like that just to introduce my word for 2009. Here it is:

po·ten·tial
adj.
1. Capable of being but not yet in existence; latent: a potential problem.
2. Having possibility, capability, or power.
3. Grammar Of, relating to, or being a verbal construction with auxiliaries such as may or can; for example, it may snow.
n.
1. The inherent ability or capacity for growth, development, or coming into being.
2. Something possessing the capacity for growth or development.
3. Grammar A potential verb form.
4. Physics The work required to move a unit of positive charge, a magnetic pole, or an amount of mass from a reference point to a designated point in a static electric, magnetic, or gravitational field; potential energy.
My favorites are in green. I just feel like every aspect of my life can be brought up to the next level. I feel like I can apply myself more. So look out 2009 for you are full of potential.
1 comment:
Great word, did you see the post on My Words? She too picked a theme word for the year her's was Charity, but I wondered if that is where you got the idea. Great word, I know you can do, because you do have oodles of potential.
Post a Comment