Jan 7, 2008

Lucas

This is Lucas. He and Avery were both born in February 2004. However, Lucas is no longer with us. He passed away sometime around his 3rd birthday. His mom asked me if I would scrapbook his pictures for her. What an honor! I didn't know him...I had only seen him a few times when his mom and I had crossed paths at swim lessons the summer before he died. He and Avery were going to go to preschool together and his older sister went to preschool with Rowdy. What I do know is that he was a loved little boy. I could feel the LOVE though the pictures that I scrapbooked. I just completed the albums for her and I am going to go give them to her tomorrow. I guess what I am trying to say is life is so precious and even though I didn't know Lucas he taught me so many lessons about being grateful for my kids. I don't take for granted that they are here with me and that I can give them a hug anytime I want and smell them and hear them breath. I know I just said smell them...what can I say I love the way my kids smell. So when I have heard "MOMMY" for the millionth time on any particular day and I literally feel my brain turning to mush, I think of sweet baby Lucas and what he taught me...everyday matters and every moment counts. Now go hug all the little people in your life.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Okay the tears are coming and I have chills. I remember when all that happened. I too didn't know him, but have thought about his family a million times. Grateful for my children and the gospel.

Mama Rak said...

What a wonderful post. Bless you for your thoughtful gift using your amazing talent. That must have been a hard project for sure. I, too, appreciate constant reminders of how important my babies are to me. Thank you!

Alli said...

Nothing breaks my heart more than a little one who dies early. Thanks for reminding me to appreciate the little ones in my life.