
If your husband said to you..."What would you think about hiring someone to help around the house so you have more free time to be with the kids and such?" what would you say.
What I am interested in knowing from you is, would you hire someone to clean your house? I have my opinion about it and I am wondering what y'all think? Amber, I am pretty sure I know how you feel but please comment anyway. If you only read my blog but have my e-mail address send me an e-mail.
4 comments:
Are you crazy, how nice would that be. I don't think I would want someone doing my laundry, but cleaning the bathrooms would be wonderful. Oh course there is something to doing it yourself. Hey if the house is a mess for a while that's okay I have told myself that it won't be like this forever. So no matter what you choose it's right. Tell Ron that's great, or that maybe he could help out :) !!!
OMG, I did this and I couldn't be happier. It is honesty the best thing I have done of late. And life is SOOOOOO much better betwixt cesar and i. He was working so many crazy hours (sound familiar) and was too exhausted to help. I was too exhausted/lazy and resenting doing it myself. Now, there is no fighting about the mess of the house and my stress and anxiety has greatly reduced. Add 3 kidlets to it and man... do it girl.
That's a tricky question - I've often wished I didn't have to do it myself, but I'm uncomfortable with the notion of asking someone else to do it for me. I suppose if that's their job, they don't feel demeaned by it, but it still kind of feels like asking someone to do something that's beneath me. Different feeling than hiring a mechanic or electrician for some reason...
I do love the gesture though - how thoughtful of Ron to want your life to be easier!
I, too, have done this and loved it. I had found that some friends had hired cleaning people/services, as I initially felt kinda snobby and knowing that other normal friends were in the same boat made me feel much better and not so much like a failure. Working 40 hours a week w/ a toddler, I just couldn't keep up. Well, I kept up the house, but was very cranky and didn't want dad and baby to have to deal with my crabbiness. I hired a service for once every 2 weeks and just made sure the toys and debris were picked up so they could do the cleaning. It was so nice to have the deep cleaning and "extras" like cobweb removal and window ledges done on a more regular basis. Unfortunately, once news of Baby #2 came to light, I couldn't justify spending the money anymore and cancelled, but I dream of it all the time. One thing that would be weird for me is if they clean while you are at the house. I was always at work and preferred it that way, but a friend doesn't like being away from the house during the cleaning. One piece of advice if you're thinking service vs. individual cleaning person is a service will be insured and an individual will not. For example, if an individual gets hurt (cut on anything, for example), you would be liable for medical expenses or possible lawsuit. Make sure your insurance policy will keep you safe. Sorry for the long post; best of luck!
Post a Comment