
Well, I can't say that I have made up my mind about this yet. Thanks for all of your input you guys brought up some really good points. Actually, each of you brought up some of the same concerns I have. For example, I don't want to be here when they come to clean. Also, I would feel like I would have to clean before they showed up (you know I all the stuff on the floor so they could vacuum) I don't want someone to pick up after our family. It would just be nice to have help with things like Nicole mentioned, window sills and things I don't get to ever!
The main thing that is bugging me is if we hire someone clean...I would feel as though I am not doing my job and I have failed as a stay at home mom! That is not to say that cleaning the house and keeping it tidy is my only responsibility. I just feel like one of my major tasks that I should be doing is not getting done and we need to hire someone to do it because I can't hack it.
Also, I kind of feel like it would be an invasion of my privacy. I just don't know if I could handle a complete stranger coming into our house to clean. Can you really trust them. I would just feel invaded. On the flip side I don't want anyone I know to clean my house because good grief I don't wish our cleaning toilets upon anyone. (I know who cleans your house Amber and I am sorry but I couldn't do it).
Like I said the jury is still out. I think I might be interested in someone coming maybe once or twice a month for a good deep clean. I think I could handle that and it would have to be a cleaning crew to tackle this big house.
Thanks again for all of your help you guys. You are the best!
1 comment:
Looks like you're putting a lot of thought into it. Don't beat yourself up about having a hard time staying on top of it. My mother-in-law has the messiest house I know of, but she is without a doubt one of the most amazing mothers I've ever known. It just comes down to priorities and what your comfort level is. A clean house is what, $100/month to hire out? Time with kids is priceless.
Post a Comment