Jul 27, 2007

ezksar

Rowdy called me into the living room this morning to tell me he had spelled the word racecars...and sure enough he had. Although, you must sound it out from right to left and know that he only had one of each letter from the alphabet to work with. I think he did a pretty good job!
Then he spelled his name. He next picked up the letter "m" and said mmmm....Madie!!!! (She is one of Rowdy's good friends who moved away recently) So we spelled her name. How could I not take a picture of that especially since they will be getting married if Kim and I have anything to do with it. We miss you guys. The kids play on-line on this fantastic website called starfall (thanks for telling us about it Kim). Well there is this song on there about the silent "e" at the end of the word and Avery is always pointing out the letter "e" everywhere and saying it is a silent "e". It reminds me of the Adventures of Letterman from the Electric Company on PBS from my childhood. By the way you can find videos of that show on youtube.com. And if I knew what I was doing I could of had a really cool link to it on my blog but I don't know how.

3 comments:

Kim said...

How cute Madie was so excited to see her name. I will call you and help you to add your link. It's super Easy. The kids miss Rowdy and Avery too. Are you sure you don't want to move to Boise, there is a race track really close, Ron could come and race :) !!

Amber said...

Those are cute pics. What a smart and creative one that Rowdy is! And yes, it does look like chickers, huh? The bottom one looks like our cat Leah, who we call Beyonce because she has big hair and a big butt. :) Cesar was not amused to be her. Ha.

Alli said...

wow! It's so much fun to see kids make that connection between letters and words...he's doing great!