Apr 21, 2011

Ms. Avery Girl...

Avery turned 7 years old in February. I shared some photos of her party but I haven't really talked about what she is up to lately. So here goes:


  • She is reading constantly. I often find myself saying things like, "put the book down and brush your teeth, then you can go read again".

  • She is still very much an artist. Her masterpieces are kept in a box in my office.


  • She is a list maker and I can often find lists of things she wants to do with her cousins, on trips and she makes my grocery lists for me too.


  • She likes to help out. But more will to do so when it is on her terms. She really jumps into action when her older brother is complaining about chores...what can I say she is a middle child. Recently I told her she doesn't get any "screen" privileges (tv, computer, wii) until her room is clean. It told her it was her choice as to when it got clean and when she would get screen privileges back. It sat a mess for two days but when she got busy on it she cleaned the whole thing by herself...something she told me she "couldn't" do two days before that.


  • She is a super good eater and sometimes will have three helpings of dinner...especially if it is pasta.


  • She is so bummed out that she hasn't lost any teeth yet and all of her friends have.


  • She is 7 going on 15 sometimes with the sass level...big sigh!


  • She wants her very own ipod.


  • She is somewhat of an overacheiver in training. She likes to be the first one done. This is feedback from her teacher. But sometimes she makes mistakes because she is trying to be first to finish.


  • She eats an apple every day and can finish a 6 inch subway sandwich (her favorite place to eat)

  • She has a collection of Hello Kitty dolls.


  • She is showing much potential in ballet and I can't wait to sign her up for gymnastic this summer.


  • She likes to be tickled. Some people like to have their back scratched. She like soft tickles and not to the point of giggling but just soft tickles. I started doing this when she was a baby and she has never stopped liking it. Sometimes when she needs to calm down and her and I are in the middle of a power struggle I stop it all and we sit down snuggle and "do some tickles"...it helps.

  • She loves to cook with me.


  • Her Grandma's are the coolest people on the planet in her eyes...and it is true!


  • She loves anything Cats and has even seen the Broadway musical Cats! (on DVD anyway!)

  • She has a sweet little testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and loves church. I am so grateful to work with the Primary kids so I get to see first hand all the things she is learning.


  • Mama loves you Avery and it is hard for Mama to see such a big girl starring back at me!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kim said...

Fun to read about her and what a little beauty she is.

Hesses Madhouse said...

And she's beautiful! What a blessing to have a mom like you that can help develop all these things in her.

Corinne Ritz said...

WOW! She is so beautiful! I can't believe how grown up she is! Tell her not to feel too bad. My almost 8 year old just barely lost his first tooth. He was very bothered about it also.