Feb 5, 2011

Girls Rock!

Miss Avery basically obsesses over her birthday from the moment she opens her last present on Christmas. We had a lot of fun planning her party this year. At first I thought we were going to have a fancy Nancy party. But as we looked for inspiration to have that kind of party we ran across some cute cups and plates that said girls rock on them. I asked her if she wanted to have a Rock and Roll party since she has enjoyed playing music on our Karaoke machine as of late...she said YES!!!! So the theme was set.
My mom found this sassy hat for the birthday girl and this oh so perfect t-shirt that says...
Girls totally Rock on it. Do you like the red, white and blue polish?
Photobucket
My friend Sarah got down with her cake decorating skills and made these cupcakes for Avery's party. They were spot on perfect!!!! And they didn't just look good they were so tasty! And I know my cupcakes.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Avery's friends all got a pair of sunglasses and a air guitar and microphone in their goodie bag. The girls had so much fun and I love at this age you don't have to entertain them. I enjoyed myself talking to a few of the Mom's that stayed during the party. Happy 7th Birthday Miss Avery Girl, Mama sure does love you!
I told them to give me their best Rock and Roll face....
Photobucket

3 comments:

THE YOUNG-INS said...

such a fun idea...my almost 7 year old has no clue what rock and roll is...maybe it is time she learns. :)

Kim said...

Looks like they all had a great time. The cupcakes turned out more than cute. How fun I hope Avery had a great day. Happy Birthday Avery.

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

Those girls are so cute. Avery totally looks like you with her rock and roll face. You know how to throw a party!