Feb 18, 2010

Rowdy...

Photobucket

*sidenote: yes, I am aware that his dimple that just won't quit is going to cause big problems in the future!

I have been helping in Rowdy's classroom every other week or so. I have really enjoyed being there. It is nice to see what his is up to all day and to meet his friends. This particular day that I helped was special because I got to see Rowdy do something that was so cute. His teacher was asking some of the students to share a writing sample and to read it out loud. One of Rowdy's classmates was taking his turn to read his story and got stuck just two sentences into his sample. After he stood up in front of the class for a few moments Rowdy popped up from his seat and stood right next to the boy to see if he could help. Rowdy didn't jump in and start reading over the boys shoulder he just stood there quietly and looked at the paper with the boy and offered support by whispering quietly. Once his friend got started again and seemed to be doing fine, Rowdy just stayed by his side until he was done. I started to get teary right there in the middle of my son's 2nd grade class, it was so cute to see Rowdy helping out his friend.

3 comments:

THE YOUNG-INS said...

That is a great story. I love to hear simple amazing examples of strength such as this.

Kim said...

I love all the pictures you take at their school, wish I was going into Madie's class more this year. Love the one of Bo Bo to cute with that camera.

Mama Rak said...

What a sweetheart! Definitely your genes :)