
I would like you to meet my new best friend...The Generator. Oh how I love The Generator. When your power goes out for two days it allows you to have heat and light and maybe watch a little TV (ok, a lot of TV). Because you see when you are confined to one room in your house with all three of your kids for two days you start to go a little crazy. We made the best of the situation. We played Memory, Sorry, Triominos and even tried Monopoly with the kids. We snuggled on the couch under blankets and read books. We drew pictures and decorated the tree. Yes, I just said decorated the tree (we just hadn't got around to it).
But I must say that I was so thrilled to learn the power had been restored late last night. I have to say thank you, thank you, thank you, to the people working on the power lines all night to fix it. My first order of business this morning was a warm shower. Ok maybe I read some blogs first then got in the shower.
I hope you all have had a safe time in this crazy weather we have been experiencing.
I will post some other photos later. Obviously, I took some photos of everything frozen in place by the ice.
Oh and by the way, I am addicted to blogging, because of all the things that I could not turn on while the power was out...I missed my computer the most...and it made me really grumpy.
3 comments:
Wow, I am so glad you guys are up and running again. Thank goodness you have a generator we would be so out of luck if it was us. Sounds like you made the best of the situation though. Hope everyone is well, and glad you got a nice warm shower, it makes all the difference.
SOO glad to know that you guys finally got power back and that you were able to stay safe and warm during all the crazy weather. Generators are wonderful things.
I will look forward to seeing your picts of all the beautiful snow and ice. How did your trees/plants/house fare? We had several families in the ward have big trees come down on/near houses - it amazes me that something so exquistly beautiful has so much power to cause such damage.
Hope you guys will continue to be safe.
That would be an amazing blessing to have a generator in such a long power outage. I felt the same way towards all the workers out trying to restore the power when it went out for us a couple times. You never know how you appreciate electricity till you don't have it.
Post a Comment