Aug 15, 2008

Temporary


I have had this in my mind for awhile. This set of stairs is here at our house as a part of a project that involves moving in a mobile home. The painted word reads: "Temporary". I obviously took tons of photos with these monkeys sitting on the steps. The light was perfect when we headed out there and it changed very quickly and got too bright. I know I am not completely happy with the resulting photos so I might try it again later. I just saw those words on the side of the steps and thought it's sooooo true!
Today I was doing dishes and I thought I heard heavy footsteps through the house. Ron wasn't home, Rowdy and Avery were outside and Bodie was napping. I have no idea what the sound was, just my ears playing tricks on me. But I quickly flashed forward in my mind about ten years. I imagine what it will be like when Rowdy's footsteps are heavy through the house and I will turn around from doing dishes and I will no longer look down to meet his eye I will look up to see a young man standing there....Temporary!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love that they all have their jeans rolled up, so cute, glad to see one of your ideas come to fruition. So sweet.

Amanda Davis said...

Looks like you are having fun with your new camera! Your words are sooo true. My 8 year old is already getting to the point where I am starting to think what happened to when I was the mom with all these preschoolers.... I liked those days, they have their own challenges but I am still learning to deal with the new ones!