Dec 2, 2007

Who are my readers?

I was reading another blog and the writer asked all of her readers who don't comment to come out of hiding and comment on her blog. Some of my readers comment frequently and I gotta say I love comments on my blog. But it was reveled to me today that I might have readers who visit frequently but don't comment. Hi Kimo and Rebeka!!!! In the world of blogging you are known as a lurker. I am asking you to 'delurk" yourself. I am so curious to know who you are. Comment on this post and let me know who you are.

If you have a blog too I would love to lurk on yours too! And if you don't have a blog please start one so I can start! Actually this is kind of a scary post because I just might be surprised as to see who has been checkin' up on the Shinkle Family...that is if people are willing to comment. Go ahead I double dog dare you! This blogging thing is kind of weird because you really don't know who is reading about your little ol' life. In fact the other day I did a search on the web with a few key words from my blog and sure enough my blog was listed first in line on the search results....that is a little scary.

Anyways as the title of the blog that inspired me to do this said...Delurk You Lilylivered Lurkers!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I tried to google myself and the blog and I couldn't find it, but someone I know said she found it by googling? I am a reader of your blog and I admit it. Curious to see who responds.

purplebleeder said...

Ahh – I’ve been outed! (probably by Kimo huh?) I’ve actually been reading political blogs for a long time now (Yes I AM that big of a nerd), and randomly came across someone I knew personally. It was so much fun to read about what they had been up to, so I started searching other people – I googled “Shinkle blog” and yours came right up. (The only Shinkle to have a blog? Hmm - that needs to be rectified!) I also started a blog, but be warned it is mostly venting with a bit of family updates (you have to look hard but they are there…)
Rebekah Hunter

Mama Rak said...

You know I'm always checking up on you! There are 3 other blogs I check on a daily basis (besides yours) and I'm encouraging everyone I can to start their own. For some reason I feel that by checking someone's blog it absolves me from actually having to keep in touch. Nice, aren't I? That's just how lazy I am. Maybe I should start this debate on my blog....

Nico-lee, Nico-lie, Nico-low, low, low

Amanda Davis said...

I read your blog also! I love watching all the cute things your kids do I love your pictures too.

Kari said...

I'm not a regular reader, but every once in a while (like every few months) I'll check in. You don't know me. My husband knows your husband. I know your sister-in-law Jaclyn from the singles ward in Monmouth. Here's how I got to your site: My sister is sister-in-law's with Amanda Davis. Amanda has a link to your site. I was hoping it was Jaclyn and since then I randomly check to see if you have pictures of her and her family. There you have it. I'm outed. My name's Kari by the way. We live in Salem. You can get to my blog by clicking on the nkcaulder hyperlink. Ask your husband if he remember Nate Caulder. Could be funny!

Denise G said...

Ok, I am one of those lurkers on blogs. In fact this is only the second blog I commented on ever. I have been watching your blog every now and then since fall. There is a hidden tracker you can put on your blog to see the lurkers. Then you would really know who is reading.