Dec 19, 2007

Huh?

As I was making dinner for the kids I asked Rowdy if he wanted some of "Mama's Juice"? and it dawned on me that we have many words in our house that to the outsider would not mean a thing and would require some translation:

Mama's Juice = Crystal Light
Dada's Cereal = Toasted Almond Crunch
Squishy eggs = Hard Boiled Eggs
Other Cup = Any tippy cup. This is one Avery made up when she was learning to talk and express her opinion. When she didn't want a regular big kid cup she would say "No, other cup"
Man-note = Rowdy came up with this for sandwich. I spelled it fanatically so you would know how to say it.
Mekeykey = Christmas Tree
Hervy = Volkwagen bug it is how Avery pronounced Herbie
Give me a Ma = Give me a kiss
Nangy = Naked
Cozy = Blanket


I know there is more but I can't think of them right now.

We also have about 20 different names for our pets besides their real names. I'll share those another time.

What words do you have in your family that need to be translated for outsiders?

3 comments:

Alli said...

Grouchy sandwich - Grilled cheese sandwich (that's how the twins used to pronounce it)

Dust can -dustpan

Monkey sandwich - PB and banana

crazy monkey sandwich - add choc. chips

Winnie the Pooh sandwich - PB and honey

Somo - Pomello (those big citrus fruits, in Thai)

Skid - TP

Hud - what you use skid to clean up

Dooku - another word for hud

Kim said...

Cute I am going to have to give it some thought. It was good talking to you the other day. Miss you.

Kymberly said...

How fun...I just love the way little ones come up with letting us know what they want and how they say things.