Apr 21, 2009

One-hundred...


Avery's first time holding a baby chick!

Ron surprised the kids about a week ago and brought home 16 baby chicks. He had to go the store pretty early to get them because they are in high demand right now. He built a little coupe for them. We have been visiting them several times a day to make sure they are doing ok. Ron told me we can't handle them for awhile because they don't like stress. He has been surprised that we haven't lost any. They all seem to be strong.
If you know anything about me, it was hard for me to hear that it wasn't a good idea to handle them at first. I wanted to pick each one of them up and put my nose right on top of their little fluffy heads and snuggle them (I know I am weird). So, I listened and didn't pick them up until I got the go ahead. I might have reached in and stroked one of their little heads though. They are so soft that you can't really even feel them. I love animals...In fact I told Ron that as a kid I would have never left the coupe all day and would have had them all named within the first 10 minutes. So needless to say, if you need eggs, look us up in about 6 months.

1 comment:

Kymberly said...

How fun! We got four back in nov. and had so much fun with them. Three of the four turned out to be roosters though so we rehomed them. Goldie is our one hen oout of the batch and she has been so well handled that she lets anyone pick her up and is good friends with Caleb and our dog Annie.

Have fun...