What do you guys feed your kids for lunch?
I have been stuck in a rut for a long time! Sometimes they eat leftovers, but mostly it is pb&j and turkey sandwiches around here. The only thing I change up is the fruit. Usually I give them something like pretzels or crackers with it. I also give them cottage cheese, sliced cheese and yogurt on the side sometimes. Oh and I throw in some veggies here and there.
Help! Will you guys tell me what your kids favorite lunch is and post it in the comments.
Thanks
Julia
5 comments:
My kids love canned soup, I let them pick a few cans out when I grocerie shop (usually Dora, Shrek, Goldfish, and alphebet) I keep those on hand, along with the "good chicken nuggets", pb&j, and every once and a while mac & cheese. Let it be known that I never eat the same thing they do at lunch! :)
My 2 year old loves soup as well. I usually pick the vegie/pasta type soup and don't add much water to it, but I do add beans & extra peas & corn (still mastering the art of spoon usage, so the more dense, the better). He also loves yogurt and turkey dogs (but not together). One trick I loved was keeping all of the monthly menus from the daycare places I researched. The govt. holds them (most) to certain nutritional standards, so it gives me a lot of great ideas and no duplications during the month. It may be worth spending some time on the internet searching for some daycare menus. Good luck!
Well, he's not mine, but Dylan loves him some grilled cheese or quesadilla. I think he would live on that if he could. Hope things are well!! We need to reschedule our girls night...
Yeah that sounds like my kids. They would eat PBJ or PB and honey or Mac and cheese everyday if I let them. I do the same alternate fruits and crackers, or yogurt. I could use some new ideas myself. Here is the other things I feed mine sometimes: Quesidillas, grilled cheese and soup, cheesey bagels (we eat alot of cheese), pita pizzas. That's about all I have. HOpe all is well.
I guess we're in the same rut, because pb&j is a fave here too. Sophie likes grilled cheese too. And burritoes if I have any around.
Post a Comment