Nov 8, 2007

Counting my blessings...

because in the last couple days I have had the following challenges:

1. I actually got lost on the way home from Dallas last night. Very strange thing, I actually missed the turn to our house...it was really foggy. I actually drove so far that I left polk county...after much prayer and a stop at a fire station we made it home. Yikes!
2. This morning with in five minutes of being out of bed I had been pooped on, puked on and I stepped in a puddle of pee on the bathroom floor. Joy!
3. The upstairs bathroom door got locked today and I had to play locksmith to get it open so Avery could take her bath. Oh boy!
4. Some guy took off with my car keys at the gym yesterday and I was in a panic for a few minutes before he came back! (Our keys look the same and he grabbed mine accidentally)
5. There is a mouse in our house. We brought some boxes in from the garage and he was in one of the boxes. I saw him scamper across one of our floors and then he disappeared. Amber, don't tell anyone what I said when I saw him!
6. I am currently typing with one hand because Bodie was hungry. It's not that hard.
7. I had a dinner date with a friend the other night and it was supposed to be just us girls and someone with testostone showed up...I had a great time Amber thanks for coming!

Basically I feel like the walls are closing in on me and I have to find a way to dig myself out! I am counting my blessings because I have sooooo much to be grateful for and I need to stop taking everthing so seriously.

4 comments:

Amanda Davis said...

I know that feeling!!!! I have had it several times since having my 4th! My mom saved me during the summer and took the oldest 3 for a week of Grandma camp! I think I need to count my blessings more often to remember the good things and not focus on the bad. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kim said...

Hey there, so sorry that these momments happen. I have been having my fair share as well. I miss you. Wish I was there to wallow in person with you. Just know that you are not alone. It just seems like such a struggle lately. I agree about counting blessings, I need to start looking at the glass half full, or life will pass me by. You're great. We totally have to do next summer.

Alli said...

I hate those days! Good to remember how boring our lives would be if everything went right. (Some days, I'd definitely take boring over chaotic, but unfortuntately I don't get to choose.)

I tagged you, just to give you something ELSE to try to do:) See my blog for details.

Mama Rak said...

Loved to hear of the triple threat (poo, pee, & stepping in pee) that you endured....loved as in sympathy, of course. When that stuff happens in succession, by the 3rd 'instance', I can't help but laugh in defeat. What else can you do? The saddest part about that is the fact that you're probably the last person in the house to get a bath/shower. The fact that moms always seem to be the least put together of each family just shows how much she sacrifices for her family....even if the only sacrifice is time. Keep your chin up as I'm sure you're handling everything with your usual positive attitude and sense of humor! Miss you and hope things have turned around by now :)